ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR QUALIFYING EXAM
- Candidates should have to qualify in the following exam to be eligible for the JEE Main :
- Class 12 or equivalent exam conducted by a recognized Central or State board like ICSE, CBSE, CISCE etc.
- Intermediate or Pre-Degree Course exam or Pre-University Course conducted by any of the recognized Board/University.
- H.S.C – Vocational examination
- The final exam of the two year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- AICTE or SBTE recognised Diploma of at least three years duration.
- National Institute of Open Schooling conducted Senior Secondary School Examination with a minimum of five subjects.
- For admission to IITs, General Certificate Education (GCE) exam (London/ Cambridge/ Sri Lanka) at Advanced level (A).
- Association of Indian Universities (AIU) recognised School/ Board/ University examination in India or in any foreign country recognised as equivalent to the 12th class.
- JEE Main ranks will be calculated without class 12th board marks from the academic year 2017-18 onwards. According to an official notification by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), the 40 per cent weightage given to class 12th board marks in calculating JEE Main ranks has been scrapped, which will be applicable from the academic year 2017-18 onwards. As per the new guidelines issued by MHRD for JEE, for candidates to qualify for admissions to Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) and Government-funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs), they have to secure at least 75 per cent marks or be in the top 20 percentile in their respective class 12th board exam. For candidates belonging to SC/ST categories, the qualifying marks would be 65 per cent marks in class 12th board exam.
- Till the current academic year, admissions to NITs, IIITs and GFTIs are offered on the basis of JEE Main Ranks. JEE Main Rank List is prepared after finding a composite score of JEE Main scores and Normalized Marks of Class XII in the ratio of 60:40.This weightage given to JEE Main scores and normalized marks of class 12th board are the basis for admission to NIT+System. However, from the upcoming admission year, this weightage of 40 per cent given to class 12th board marks will not be there.
- Mentioned below is the detailed eligibility criteria for the candidates who will be applying for KCET :
- KCET Eligibility Criteria – General
- S.No Parameters Specification
- 1 Nationality Should be a citizen of India
- 2 Academic qualification Should have successfully passed the qualifying examination(10+2 or equivalent) with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and any one of the following as the additional subject – Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Electronics/Computer. Should have also studied English.
- Also, candidates waiting for their results of the qualifying exam in the current year will also be eligible.
- Note: Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) candidates are not eligible to apply
- 3 Marks required Should have secured at least 45% aggregate marks in the three subjects in 12th standard examination. For B.Arch candidate need to have 50% marks in aggregate along with 50% marks in Physics and Chemistry.
- However, candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC need to score atleast 40% aggregate marks for B.Tech and 45% for B.Arch.
- 4 Domicile Should have studied and passed from a recognised institution situated in Karnataka. The academic study from a state institute should be for a minimum period of 7 years, starting from 1st standard to 2nd PUC/12th standard as on July 1 of the exam year.
- Also, should have appeared/passed either SSLC/10th standard or 2nd PUC/12th standard exam from Karnataka.
- Note: Candidate who had taken more than one year to pass a class/standard, in such cases, the academic study years will be counted as one year only.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ENGINEERING COURSES
- Candidates who have qualified in 10+2 board examination or Second Pre-University Course (PUC 2) for admission to engineering courses as per COMEDK Eligibility . Candidates with qualification equivalent to PUC or HSC examination as recognised by State Government /Central Government are also eligible.
- Candidates must have passed the qualifying examination with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects. They should’ve studied any one of the following as an optional subject along with compulsory ones i.e. –
- Chemistry or Bio-Technology or Biology or Computer Science or Electronics
- Candidates must have obtained 45% in aggregate of all subjects as well as they should have passed the subjects individually be it compulsory or optional.
- The candidates belonging to SC, ST, and OBC categories of Karnataka state need to obtain 40% marks in aggregate of all subjects besides passing in each subject.
- Candidates who hold Diploma cannot appear for COMEDK as the entrance test is for first-year engineering course admissions (Fresh) and not for lateral entry admissions to engineering courses.
COMEDK UGET ELIGIBILITY FOR ARCHITECTURE COURSES
- Candidates seeking admissions to Architecture courses through COMEDK also need to have qualified 10+2 level examination or PUC-2 course to be eligible.
- Also, candidates holding a 10+3 Diploma are also eligible for admissions through COMEDK to Architecture course.
- An aggregate of 50% marks of all subjects in the qualifying examination inclusive of Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- Candidates belonging to SC, ST, and OBC categories of Karnataka state need to obtain at least 45% in aggregate of all subjects in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates seeking admissions to BArch courses must have appeared in National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) or equivalent architecture entrance exams in previous year to COMEDK.
- Candidates for BArch courses are not required to appear for COMEDK UGET , as there will be no entrance test for admissions to architecture courses.
- The candidates will be required to fill COMEDK Application Form for Architecture courses, which will be available separately before COMEDK Counselling.
- Here’s a brief regarding the details :
- Particulars Details
- Academic Qualification Candidates who have passed or are appearing in class 12th or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English as core subjects from a recognized board.
- Age limit Candidate must be 17 years of age by December 31 of the examination year. There is no upper age bar in NEET . However, this is subject to the orders of the Supreme Court.
- Maximum Number of Attempts There is no restrictions on number of attempts in NEET.
- Nationality of Candidate Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs and Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply.
- Qualifying Marks Qualifying marks in class XII for each category are:
- General/GEN-EWS- 50%
- OBC/SC/ST- 40%
- PwD- 45%
VIT ENGINEERING ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
- The applicant for admission should be a Resident / Non Resident Indian National / PIO.
- Foreign Candidates studied/studying abroad can apply directly through foreign category only. A separate application form is made available. Kindly check our website for details
- Qualifying Examination:
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE should have either completed or shall be appearing in the current year, in any one of the following qualifying examinations :
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board; Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi), The Council for
- Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE), New Delhi.
- Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- As per VIT Norms, Regular ‘NIOS’ board candidates are also eligible for VITEEE. They should produce the Migration Cum Transfer Certificate at the time of joining.
- Eligibility Criteria For The Qualifying Examination:
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE should have secured minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be minimum aggregate of 50% for the following categories:
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST
- Candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir/ Ladakh and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura. CERTIFICATE TO PROVE COMMUNITY / NATIVITY should be produced at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
BITSAT ONLINE TEST
- For admission to any of the First Degree programmes of BITS except B.Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and adequate proficiency in English.
- For admission to B.Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) and adequate proficiency in English. However candidates with PCM may also apply for Pharmacy program.
- Admission to all the programmes is subject to the conditions given below:
- The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) subjects in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology subjects.
- Only Students who are appearing for 12th class examination in the current year or who have passed 12th class Examination in the previous year are eligible to appear in the BITSAT test. If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his/her latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed.
- Admissions will be made purely on merit. The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT. However, their eligibility for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in 12th examination, as mentioned above.