Anti-alcohol/drug abuse policy
The Deens Pre-University College, has the responsibility to maintain an educational environment conducive to academic and vocational achievement.
The College recognizes that the use and abuse of alcohol and other drugs may interfere with students’ educational goals and will also interfere with the education environment in the campus. Therefore, the College has a stringent policy governing the use of alcohol, cigarettes and other drugs. The purchase, possession, use,consumption, sale, distribution or storage of cigarettes, any alcoholic beverage, controlled substance or illegal drug is prohibited on all the campuses and at all College sponsored student events, conferences and activities. The said policy is applicable to all students of the organisation.
Students, as per this policy, are required to adhere strictly the specific norms as stated below. This policy is a part and parcel of the rules and regulations of the organisation.
- The purchase, possession, use, consumption, sale, distribution or storage of cigarettes, any alcoholic beverage, controlled substance or illegal drug is prohibited on or off campus. This prohibition extends for the student until he is a bonafide student of this College. This is
applicable to a student found actively or passively, or being part of a conspiracy to promote such activities amongst other students/adults.
- If any student of Deens PUC, is found under the influence / possession / distributing of alcohol / drugs or in possession of illegal / banned drugs / substances or if found distributing the same or is caught smoking cigarettes in the campus or outside, as long as he/she is a student of Deens; the matter will be immediately referred to the Child Protection Committee, whose findings will be binding and irrevocable even if it means expulsion of the student from the rolls of the College.
- An Undertaking to this effect shall be submitted by the students and their parents at the time of admission, Annexure – 1. Such Undertaking shall also be provided by all existing students and their parents.
- Under suspicious circumstances, the students may be tested at random for substance abuse at any point of time on campus or after school’s working hours too.
- Students may be asked by the College to submit the drug / alcohol test report at regular interval of time.
- Students involved in accidents can be asked to submit the drug / alcohol test report