Anti-alcohol/drug abuse policy
1. The Deens Pre-University College, has the responsibility to maintain an educational environment
conducive to academic and vocational achievement. The College recognizes that the use and
abuse of alcohol and other drugs may interfere with students’ educational goals and will also
interfere with the education environment in the campus. Therefore, the College has a stringent
policy governing the use of alcohol, cigarettes and other drugs. The purchase, possession, use,
consumption, sale, distribution or storage of cigarettes, any alcoholic beverage, controlled
substance or illegal drug is prohibited on all the campuses and at all College sponsored student
events, conferences and activities. The said policy is applicable to all students of the
2. Students, as per this policy, are required to adhere strictly the specific norms as stated below.
This policy is a part and parcel of the rules and regulations of the organisation.
3. The purchase, possession, use, consumption, sale, distribution or storage of cigarettes, any
alcoholic beverage, controlled substance or illegal drug is prohibited on or off campus. This
prohibition extends for the student until he is a bonafide student of this College. This is
applicable to a student found actively or passively, or being part of a conspiracy to promote such
activities amongst other students/adults
4. If any student of DPUC, is found under the influence / possession / distributing of alcohol / drugs
or in possession of illegal / banned drugs / substances or if found distributing the same or is
caught smoking cigarettes in the campus or outside, as long as he/she is a student of Deens; the
matter will be immediately referred to the School Child Protection Committee, whose findings
will be binding and irrevocable even if it means expulsion of the student from the rolls of the
College. An Undertaking to this effect shall be submitted by the students and their parents at the
time of admission, Annexure – 1. Such Undertaking shall also be provided by all existing students
and their parents.
5. Under suspicious circumstances, the students may be tested at random for substance abuse at
any point of time on campus or after school’s working hours too.
6. Students may be asked by the College to submit the drug / alcohol test report at regular interval
7. Students involved in accidents can be asked to submit the drug / alcohol test report