Deens PU College has put in place a very comprehensive and scientific career guidance program to help students make well informed choices and guide them to fruitful careers and degrees post PUC 2.
Along with Student Counsellor ,Teachers and guest lectures arranged with emerging careers in mind Deens has a very elaborate program to help students make the right decisions.
To do this end we have also partnered with Lodestar Educational Services Pvt. Ltd (www.lodestar.guru) a leading scientific career guidance company in India.
The Lodestar Career Leaders Program is implemented in Deens Academy from class 8th onwards to systematically make both students and parents aware of the multiple options that are available and also to help them learn about themselves – i.e their Personality, Interest, Aspirations and Aptitude. This course correction activities cover until end of PUC 2 to assist children in their choices.
Benefits of the program
- Students become aware of themselves i.e. their Personality, Interest and Aspirations – apart from their academic strengths
- Students learn about many Careers and Courses – and how their hobbies, interests, subjects can be linked to careers – for eg they learn that if you are good in Math – Engineering Is not the only option – but things like Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Biostatistics, Sports Analysis and Data Sciences are all possible career and study areas for the future. Thus, they can choose a career and course which interests and suits them better. Similar students who love languages learn that they can work in TOP tech companies like google working on translation algorithms etc.
- Each student gets personalized guidance which helps them to make a decision of what after 10th – including detailed education plan preparation
- Field trips are also arranged to ensure students get a first hand experience of various options available in the career of their choice.
Key elements of the Lodestar Program
– Parent workshops for awareness building – Student workshops for knowledge and understanding
– Exposure to 250+ Careers
– 25+ Career awareness related activities.
– Detailed Assessment of Personality, Interest and Aptitude of students
– One-on-One Guidance for each student
– multiple sessions. Detailed Education planning which answers all questions related to stream selection, subject selection, Tutorial selection, competitive exam information, degree and college selection.
– Mentor Talks – Industry visits.
Lodestar (www.lodestar.guru) is India’s first scientific career guidance program for high school students of 8th to 12th Grade. Anand Sudarshan – former MD & CEO of Manipal Education is the chairman of the company. The founding team of Lodestar also co-founded MeritTrac which was India’s Largest Skills Assessment Company. This was acquired by the Manipal Education Group. Murlidhar S is the founder and CEO.
Lodestar uses an approach of multiple and steady inputs starting from 8th grade onwards to help build awareness about future life, career and options. Lodestar relies on top-notch scientific psychometric assessments and a data driven approach to help students make an informed choice in 10th standard about their future course of study.
Lodestar has helped over 40,000 students to plan their career and education. Students from over 150+ leading schools in Bangalore, Hyderabad & Chennai have taken this program.
Parents have consistently given Lodestar 90% + ratings in their feedback